SUEZ is speeding up its transformation to become an integrated services company and a global benchmark in resource management
The 2017 Combined General Meeting of SUEZ was held on Wednesday 10 May, at the Espace Grande Arche in La Défense, Paris. Gérard Mestrallet, Chairman of the Board of Directors, presided over the meeting with more than 400 participants, including 320 shareholders.
The General Meeting was an opportunity for the group’s leadership to report to the shareholders on the financial results for 2016, to revisit the commercial successes of the preceding financial year, and to present the SUEZ Group’s strategy, its new Sustainable Development Roadmap, its major partnerships and its outlook for 2017.
Jean-Louis Chaussade, Group CEO, spoke about the ongoing acquisition of GE Water, which aims to make SUEZ a global benchmark in the management of industrial water resources. The acquisition of GE Water has strengthened SUEZ’s strategy and accelerated its implementation in 3 growth priorities that the Group has set for itself: increasing the proportion of industrial clients, speeding up international development, and intensifying the digitization of its business lines. Jean-Louis Chaussade also referred to SUEZ’s ambition to become a more efficient, fully-integrated services company.
Christophe Cros, Deputy Chief Executive Officer in charge of Finance, presented the Group’s results from the preceding financial year and the financial outlook for the current year. The results are in line with the set objectives and attest to SUEZ’s dynamic commercial spirit, particularly abroad. Christophe Cros also provided details on the financial aspects of the GE Water acquisition, which include an upcoming increase in capital.
Proceedings of the General Meeting
- 10:00 am – Opening, introduction, and strategy by Gérard Mestrallet, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- 10:20 am – 2014 performance and strategy by Jean-Louis Chaussade, Chief Executive Officer
- 11:15 am – Financial results by Christophe Cros, Executive Vice-President, Chief Financial Officer
- 11:43 am – Governance by Gérard Mestrallet, and Board committee work by the Committee Chairs
- 12:00 am – Presentation of resolutions by Jean-Yves Larrouturou, Executive Vice-President and Group Secretary
General Meeting highlights